Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl 2012!!!

Hey guys!!!  It's Super Bowl Weekend and we in the Brantley household are "super" excited!!!  I am so sorry I haven't posted in a few days...I've missed you!!!  My computer is on it's last leg...It's slow, it's undependable, it's "wishy-washy" (Sounds like a couple of bad boyfriends from the past). So if any of you lovely readers want to give me an early birthday gift... :)

I just wanted to share an healthy appetizer recipe that I'll be trying this weekend...And it's loaded with fiber!!!  No matter who you're cheering for this weekend, I'm sure this recipe will be a winner...

Southwestern Layered Bean Dip


Ingredients
  • 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably “spicy”
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
  • 4 scallions, sliced
  • 1/2 cup prepared salsa
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices, chopped
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1 medium avocado, chopped
  • 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives, (optional)
Preparation
  1. Combine refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapeños in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
  2. Microwave on High until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
  3. Spread sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).
  4. Serve with baked tortilla chips, and you're good to go!!!
And I know I'm not the only one that just may be more excited about the commercials than the game...LOVE Super Bowl commercials!!!  Period. 

This one?  Best...commercial....ever.


Hope you got a laugh out of it!!!

Oh...I've got exciting news to share next week...Can't wait!!!

Have an amazing weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...