Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Zinfandel and Such...

Hey guys,

I hope everyone is having a good day so far!  The dreary weather is kinda throwing me off a bit, but oh well.  All the more reason the crank up the Christmas music and snuggle up to a cup of hot chocolate...

The post today is dedicated to those Chardonnay, Bloody Mary, Spiked Egg Nog kinda folks. 

Placing alcohol can be a tricky job of you're having a Christmas party this season.  Too close to the food, and you risk everything looking like a hodge podge of "stuff."  Too far from the party, and nobody really realizes it's there, not too mention being extremely inconvenient for your guests.  Too close to that uncle that everyone has in the family, and there won't be anything left to drink!!! :)

It also matters how you like to show off the alcohol.   Are you a "tucked away" kind of person, or are you more "let it all hang out."  Hopefully nobody will be letting that happen at your party, but I digress...

So I've put together a few ideas of how you can put out the liquor.  I hope a few of these will spark some thoughts...


How many old trunks have we seen at flea markets and thrift stores?!?  I love the idea of using an old trunk with a few shelves to keep alcohol visible, yet out of the way, especially in tight spaces.
Try using an armoire to keep a few bottles of wine.

It's hard to focus on the bar in such an amazing space!  Loving the artwork!!!

Neat and visible.

This just goes to show that you can repurpose already existing furniture to get ready for your holiday party!
Love this!!!
So elegant...

This is right up my vintage industrial alley!!!


I don't know about you, but I sure could use a dirty martini right about now...

Enjoy the day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cream, distressed armoire! So classic! I love the idea of using armoires as storage for dining and entertainment spaces. I'm the "tuck it away" type :) Great photos!

    Sharece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that armoire as well, Sharece!!! Thanks so much for the comment, Sharece...And have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...