Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tomato Soup? Yes, Please!!!

Happy Wednesday guys!!!

Since fall is here, I just cannot seem to get enough of vegetable filled soups.  And I just cannot settle for Campbell's when there are so many amazing fall veggies out there!  And I love recipes that don't have 36 ingredients in them.  I'm a busy wife and mom, so about 8 ingredients at the most is enough for me!  So here's what I made last night...


Yum, right?!?

This is an amazing recipe for tomato soup. Plus, it's gluten free!!!  Try it, and let me know what you think!!!

Creamy Tomato Soup
Onion, 1, chopped
Coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
Garlic, 2 cloves, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of chopped basil (only because I really like basil)
Diced tomatoes, 1 28-oz can
Water, ½ cup
Coconut milk, ¾ cup
  1. Saute onion in coconut oil over medium heat until onions are soft, about six minutes.
  2. Add garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for another minute.
  3. Add dried basil, diced tomatoes and water.
  4. Reduce heat to low and let cook for 25 minutes.
  5. Stir in coconut milk.  Blend in food processor or with hand blender.  Reheat to serve.
Enjoy your day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...