Monday, October 21, 2013

The Television Dilemna...

When we first moved into our home six years ago, everybody and their mommas were putting their televisions above their fireplaces like this:




Now don't get me wrong.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with these amazing rooms.  Within our own family, we enjoyed movies, and football games, and reruns of Friends.  We loved being together, and spending quality time with each other as a family. 


But secretly, over these past years, I have yearned...longed even, to be able to decorate my mantel.  To see photos of Christmases past, and beautiful artwork, and mirrors! 

So after scrolling through Pinterest (where most of our ideas these days) for some fall décor ideas, I saw this:

I decided enough is enough. I sweetly turned to Robert and said, "I think I want to move some things around." And, of course, he knew exactly what that meant.

Now I get to look at this every day...

 
 
 
 


We actually moved to television to an old sofa table from the basement that we jazzed up with some Pledge and sized glass inserts.

I encourage you....If you have wanted to be able to decorate your mantel without obstacles, or even if you are just looking for a change in your family room, take down that TV!!!  Believe it or not, we sit on the couch together more as a family, rather than the kids just watching television by themselves.  And that, to me, is priceless...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...