Thursday, October 24, 2013

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Y'all!!! This morning it felt like we went straight from summer to winter!!!  Omg.  It was COLD.

But when the temperatures starts dropping, that's when I pull out my out my recipe book (also known as Pinterest) for my go-to fall recipes.

But lately since I've been on my Paleo health kick and gettin' all healthy and everything, I'm finding that a lot of my former recipes aren't really working for me anymore.

Enter Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.



I found this recipe on the Paleo website, ohsnapletseat.com.  So I thought I would share it with you guys...

Ingredients:
  • 2 large Portobello mushroom caps
  • 1/2 lb of sausage
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of fresh basil
  • 1 medium tomato
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

1.  Remove the stems from the Portobello mushroom.  You can either throw these away or chop them up and use them as part of the stuffing.
2.  Cook your sausage with chopped garlic and also the chopped mushroom stem if you decided to go that route.  Once done, put aside.
3.  Preheat your oven at 400°F.
4.  Chop up your tomatoes and basil.
5.  Mix your sausage with the tomato basil in a large bowl.
6.  Rub each Portobello mushroom with olive oil.
7.  Scoop your tomato basil sausage mixture in to each of the caps.  Try to cram it all in there, but if it doesn’t work you can still cook it on the side.
8.  Place on baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.

DELISH!!!

Do you have any fav go-to fall recipes?
 
Enjoy the day!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...