Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Art

Happy Tuesday morning!!!

I don't know about you, but all of this rain has me in kind of a sucky mood.  So glad for a little sunshine today!!!

So, I’m looking at all of these beautiful images in Veranda last night when I come across this piece of art that is literally a grey circle on white paper.  So you know what I started thinking to myself…”Art, really?  I could do that!”  Now, granted, I’m sure the person who bought it just fell and love with it and had to have it, and had no problem paying thousands of dollars for something that my nine-year-old son could have made.  But for those of us that don’t have that kind of money to spend on art (my hand raising right about….now!), why not create your own pieces that speak to you…true conversation pieces.  Can’t you imagine everyone coming into your home and saying, “Wow, where’d you get that great piece of art?” and you saying, proudly humbly, “I made it…”

And as long as it doesn’t look like anything this…


or something that looks like it came out of “The Ring” I think you should be OK…
Wait…I’m sure someone, somewhere paid for that thing.


















Still not convinced?  Don’t forget framed letters from your husband, your kids’ artwork, or even your own black and white photography!  And check out stores like Hobby Lobby and Michael’s…The possibilities are endless!!!

And if all else fails...



Enjoy the day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...