Monday, January 9, 2012

Back On It...

It's Monday!!!

Who am I trying to fool with all those exclamation points?

It's Monday.

One great thing about today is that I started back on the right health track.  I was eating like somebody with no sense.  Chocolate cake, 2 and 3 servings.  Don't act like you haven't been there. :)  You can just call me fashionably late compared to all of you other resolution divas...

This morning I did some resistance training and forty five minutes on the elliptical...Yeah!!!  I think I was just feeling so blah because I'm still not able to run yet.  I felt like I didn't know what to do with my body if I couldn't run. 

But hey, you gotta do something...especially with the family history I've got.  I don't know about you, but when I'm not working out, I feel like crap, and that's not the word I really wanted to use.  So glad to be back on it!

Just wanted to give you a quick list of the 25 healthiest foods from Prevention Magazine, and I picked up about 85% of these at the grocery store this morning besides the ones I already have here at home.  A few foods listed are obvious choices, but it never hurts to have a reminder. :)  It really is a great list...Check it out!
  1. Eggs
  2. Greek yogurt (Yuck! Had to add a little honey...)
  3. Fat free milk
  4. Salmon
  5. Lean beef
  6. Beans
  7. Nuts
  8. Edamame and tofu
  9. Oatmeal
  10. Flaxseed
  11. Olive oil
  12. Avocado (Think I'm gonna put this #4 tonight...Yum!)
  13. Broccoli
  14. Spinach
  15. Tomatoes
  16. Sweet potatoes
  17. Garlic
  18. Red peppers
  19. Figs
  20. Blueberries
  21. Asian pears
  22. Lychee (Had never heard of this one before...)
  23. Apples
  24. Guava
  25. Dark chocolate
If you're taking a turn for a better you this year, what are your favorite healthy foods?


Just a thought...

Enjoy your Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. That was a really helpful list, so glad to see that! I don't know what your situation is, but I lost a whole bunch of weight last year. It's a constant struggle with constant awareness. You stop being aware and you're suddenly in denial! I have to watch all the time. That's a great start you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Susan! And you're right...You really do have to stay on top of things. Congrats on your weight loss journey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...